I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thanks, Apple Daily!

This has been happening to me all day today (well, not literally, but I need to make a point): A Taiwanese guy approaches interested, smiles and says:
“Hallo! Nice to meet you.”
Me: “Nice to meet you, too.”
Guy: “You are American?”
Me: “No. I’m from Croatia. K Lo Ai Xi Ya.”
Guy: “K Lo Ai Xi Ya?! Aaaaaah!” And runs of with a freaked out look on his face.

What? Why? How?

So, I ask my colleagues if they knew why this was happening. One of them pulls out her copy of Apple Daily (trashiest and most popular daily newspaper in Taiwan). "This is why!" she says:

I can’t read Chinese, but she tells me that this article is spreading vicious lies about alleged results of an alleged Durex survey that says Croatians allegedly want to have sex like every other day, or something! (my math sucks, I know) Allegedly second only to Greeks, in the World! And Taiwanese come in 34th with alleged measly 88 times per year.

No wonder poor guys are afraid of me! This will, of course, do wonders for my already fantastic record of dating Taiwanese men.

Thank you so very, very much, Apple Daily!

Well... actually... it's true. So, I can't really blame Apple Daily for it: Durex 2005 Global Sex Survey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home