I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Boerenkoolstampot

Time for a lesson in Dutch language and culture, kids.

Boerenkoolstampot.

It's a mouthful, I know. But Boerenkoolstampot happens to be the most typical Dutch dish. It's made of some green stuff called boerenkool, potatoes and a big sausage called rookworst. They all get cooked and mashed together.

It sounds pretty simple, doesn’t it? But, at Kees and Diana’s house it’s anything BUT simple!

See, the problem is that Diana makes her Boerenkoolstampot the way her mom makes it: WITH appelmoes (applesauce).

Kees makes his withOUT appelmoes, as do 99,9% of stampot-making Dutch people.

Kees cooked this evening, but Diana put a pot of appelmoes on the table. There was some tension in the air. (notice the yellow pot between the plates? that's appelmoes!)
But then I designed my Borenkoolstampot Pacman Chasing A Piece Of Rookworst on the plate and the tension was relieved momentarily.
Kees’ Boerenkoolstampot was LEKKER!

5 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

I'll tell you one thing about T. She DOES now how to tell a story.

15/2/06 22:24

 
Blogger Debra said...

I made a typo in my first post. 5 bucks to the first person who finds it.

15/2/06 22:26

 
Blogger Tasha said...

5 bucks NT or US?

19/2/06 11:42

 
Blogger Debra said...

You're Croation so it's Croation bucks for you. But that's only if your really able to find the typo in my post. It's hidden and kind of difficult to find. I doubt anyone even sees it.

Ok, ok, I'll give you a clue: This typo is one that wouldn't be caught by spell check.

22/2/06 00:40

 
Blogger Tasha said...

now/know?

22/2/06 19:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home