I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Staying Fresh, Staying Cool

"Doesn't matter what comes
... nanana can't remember this part nana...
With Mentos fresh and full of life
Nothing gets to you
Staying fresh, staying cool
... blah, blah..."


Who doesn't remember the oh-so-cheesy and annoying Mentos commercial with the oh-so-wonderful girlie who suddenly oh-no! breaks her heel in the middle of a busy Parisian street, but oh-wow! doesn't even slightly let that spoil her joie de vivre experience, because, of course, she's got Mentos! Duh!

Well, eat your hearts out, all you commercial-starring wannabies! I got me my Mentos Commercial Moment today! Yay!

Only, not exactly, because I don't actually carry a roll of Mentos on me at all times in my life. Oops!

And, not exactly, because mine didn't happen on a charming little street in Paris, lined with cafes and beautiful people. MY Mentos Commercial Moment was on the charmingly polluted Bao Chiao Rd., Taipei County, lined with greasy breakfast stores and beatlenut-chewing laobans. Cut!

As a woman, I know that the Heel Breaking On Busy Street scene is something we all must go through at least once in our lives. It's the women's equivalent of, what I suspect for men would be something like the Willy Gets Caught In Zipper scene (picture THAT Mentos commercial!). i.e., it's no more avoidable than nylon runs or overflowing tampons. We women know it's coming. We're ready for it. Bring it on! No biggie. I’m just super-extra glad that mine decided to come today, of all days. Yeah, today! As in, after the fantastic day I had yesterday. As in, I couldn't imagine my week getting any worse than it already was. As in, when it rains, it pours. End of whine.

Insert mandatory look-on-the-bright-side paragraph: Could have been worse. Be grateful for what you've got. Tomorrow is a new day. The only way is up. Behind every cloud… End of bs.

I'm writing it off to quantum physics. End of story.

PS to all you High Heel Haters out there: No, this will not turn me on to flats! Never! You hear?! :accompanied with that finger in the air motion:


JUST SAY NO TO FLATS

1 Comments:

Blogger Joytoyz said...

Girl, I feel you. What's worse than breaking your heel on a busy street? Falling on your face because of your supernormously high stilettos, wearing a skirt, a thong, but with panty liner wings poking through.

See there, I'm sure that could be worse. Tell me when that happens, I want to blog about it! Hahah

23/11/05 11:53

 

Post a Comment

<< Home