I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cradle Robbers 'R' Us

Women in their thirties dating twentysomethingyearolds is apparently all the rage these days. So, I decided to get in on it and see if it's as fabulous as advertised.

It is.

Believe you me.

When I first told Mom about Mr. Taš, I ended the story with "... but there's just this one thing... he's a lot younger than me..." silence... suspense down the telephone wire... "Oh! By how much?" ... "Uh... six." "Oh, that's nothing! What are you talking about!?", said Mom cheerfully.

A week later I talk to Mama again. The first thing she wants to talk to me about is all these Croatian celebrities, women, who are dating much younger men at the moment. Now I get this report every week. It's like she's scanning the celeb news looking specifically for women dating much younger men. Hilarious. Especially coming from my mom who has never EVER been interested in what celebrities are doing, most of the time she couldn't name more than 3 singers and/or actors, and even those 3 would have been from back when she was in her thirties, the days of Sanremo, schlager music, Arsen Dedic and Gabi Novak.

So, apparently ("apparently" because I really can't be bothered to do research on this), Severina and Nina Badric are both dating a lot younger men.
Seve: and Nina: are the same age as me. Generacija '72. Nina even went to same high-school as me. I was darkerica, she was šminkerica, two opposing cliques, so we never hung out together, but I thought she was the most beautiful girl in the school. I love her album Ljubav.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joytoyz said...

Some men appreciate finer women.

12/6/06 16:13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home