I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Stanley Stick from Yilan

This new journey to freedom from bug-phobia has taken me to Yilan, a town on the Eastern coast of Taiwan.
In Yilan Samantha Jones ran into Stanley Stick. A gentleman among insects.

My first reaction to Stanley was to jump, scream and hide behind Indiana Jones. Stanley's first reaction, on the other hand, was not to move at all. Seriously, he wasn't afraid of me. He didn't budge. Not even a bit. He just stood there on the leaf, as if nothing happened. As if he had seen so many phobic city chicks go by that he couldn't be fazed anymore.

Thanks to the patience of Indiana Jones and my will to get over the fear, 5 minutes later I touched Stanley a bit. Major yuckiness and goosebumps! But I got over it. 5 minutes after that, I was holding him and 5 minutes after that Stanley and I were inseparable. I even let him crawl on my t-shirt. He chose my left boob to settle down on. Good choice. The guy is obviously a boob connoisseur.

Here's me holding Stan:

What a cutie pie, eh? And such a poser!

Er... someone needs a manicure. And those white spots on nails, I hear that's Zinc deficiency, is that right?

So, there you go. If you're a bug-phobe like me, I can recommend you to find your own Mr. Jones, get out there and start touching those bugs! If Samantha can be cured than anyone can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joytoyz said...

I love bugs! Good on you for being one with nature in your own little way! It's the rodents that are our real enemies.

12/6/06 16:14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home