I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

To Flip, Or Not To Flip?

Before we go deeper into the Flip Dilemma, let me get something off my chest first.

Behold my lovely, ruby-red Nokia that is no longer with us. Sigh!

It even went with my red doggy-collar! Now, how often does THAT happen, eh?

I have had my lovely, ruby-red Nokia for years and never lost it.
Mr. Where'sMyHead?I'mSureIHadItOnThisMorningWhenILeftTheHouse! takes it in his hands for, I'm not kidding, THIRTY SECONDS, and manages to loose it! Oh, the tragedy!

Granted, the phone was very, very old, and most of my friends were embarrassed to be seen with me in public because of it. So, looking on the bright side, maybe I'll even win back some of those friends I'd lost due to the out-of-dateness of my cell phone. YAY! cos those are definitely the kind of friends you wanna keep.

OK. That was necessary for closure.

Where was I? Flippin, yeah, that was it... So now, after about 4 years of carefree life, oblivious of what is trendy and hi-tech in the world of mobile phones, I have to decide what model to get.

Enter my friend Juski, a saint among Taipei socialites and a cell-phone aficionado, known for her charity work in the field of fine dining, corn popping and ice chewing.

J lends me her spare phone to tie me over till I figure out which new one I want to buy.

Here's the phone in question, next to a delicious bowl of creme brule from Lotz Food. Delish!

I don't remember what this was about...

Oh, yeah... about the type of phone. So, now I'm using this flip phone for the first time and I'm beginning to like it. It's got that whole What?!YouCan'tTalkToMeLikeThat...*SLAM!* dramatic effect to it, you know? Add a little hair toss and an eye roll, finish it off with a diva-exit and you've got yourself a perfect prop for creating a scene. How can you not love that!

So, now I'm totally confused. Should I stick to a non-flip phone or go Flippin?

See, J? See how I'm taking care of your phone? He's snug as a bug in this camouflage sock! He might not even want to go back to you. He, he.

Important note: I kept the same number, but lost the address book. So, please send me a text or call me if you want me to have your number. Thanks!

Errr... and if you can't send it because you don't have my number, there's a good chance that... you know... uh, do I have to spell it out?

1 Comments:

Blogger Joytoyz said...

People who don't flip don't flippin' know what they're missing. I've owned more Moto Flips than any other:
-StarTac
-V60
-V188
-Razr

Also owned a nice Panasonic but when you want to hang up angrily on someone you have to look for the disconnect button. Doesn't have the same diva effect, which is important, you know.

*Tosses hair and exits*

3/7/06 12:52

 

Post a Comment

<< Home