I'm Tasha and I'm in Taipei. Okay?

Monday, November 06, 2006

I HEART LIFE!

Anyone who lives in Taiwan knows the Blue Trucks of Death.

They are blue and they will bring you instant death, if you give them a chance.

They seem to outnumber taxis both in numbers and in number-of-injuries-incurred.

There are countless anecdotes about murderous blue truck drivers, but this is not one of those. This is a happy story.

I was standing on an overpass one day, taking random photos of cars (Yes, this is how every normal, 34yo Croatian woman living in Taipei passes her time!). I saw a blue truck approach and I zoomed in as much as my poor little cheapo camera could, hoping I’d get one of those typical, scary-looking blue-truck drivers. You know the kind I mean, dirty tank-top, one leg on the dashboard (sometimes it's the RIGHT leg, too!), flip-flops, mouth red with betelnut...

So, I go *snap*... and I get this:

Nothing special it seems. Two guys in a blue truck, kitchen appliances in the back... but wait till I zoom in:


Not only do they not look anything like I expected, but they're WEARING SEAT BELTS! and look at the t-shirt print: "I HEART LIFE"

OK, OK, that one guy does have his foot on the dashboard, but to his defense, he's not the driver, and more importantly, he's not wearing flip-flops!

Isn't this just the warmest, sweetest, loveliest blue-truck story you've ever read?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joytoyz said...

Seat belts? I Heart Life t-shirt? Shoes WITH socks? Shit, men like these two are rare. Hook me up.

7/11/06 15:53

 
Blogger Andre said...

... and they don't seem to be chewing betel nuts! WOW!

28/11/06 17:54

 
Blogger Michael Turton said...

Them are big-noses!

18/1/07 22:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home